Get email updates about our latest jobs by entering your email address:

User login


Requirements for Teaching English in Korea

You will need a visa from the Korean Department of Immigration in order to teach English here. Most foreigners get an E-2 Visa, which allows holders to work at public schools and private language institutes. Teachers working at a university or college will get an E-1 Visa. Both visas have the same requirements.

Requirement for teaching English in Korea include:

  1. Be a citizen of the US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, or South Africa.
  2. Hold a Bachelors Degree or higher in any subject from an accredited university in one of the countries above.
  3. Have a clear national criminal background check.